Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 25, 2004, 5:30 PM   #1

Default Software woes

Greetings - Just got a new Dell PC with the dreaded XP operating system. I have been trying to reinstall the program via the CD that came with my s5000. Once installed, the program won't start up automatically like it did on my old PC when I connect the camera to the PC. After launching the program myself, the "save wizard" never starts and therefore I can't transfer my pics over to my PC. I went to Fuji's site and downloaded and installed the drivers again, same result. Can anyone help?
pghpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2004, 6:14 PM   #2

I have my software loaded on two Dell’s (laptop & desktop) and all works fine. I run Windows XP Home on both and love it. This software package is what Windows should have always been. I suggest you check all your settings. You should have an icon in your startup folder called Exif Launcher. This program launches the finepix software at the PC startup. Right Click on the icon in the system tray to check that it will automatically launch the program.
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 6:59 PM   #3

R. Can you send me your email address so I can converse with you concerning this - outside the forum. I am a many-year PC "user" who never got past the basics. I am not sure what the "system tray" is. The exif launcher is where you said it is, but the only option that looks close to what you want me to do is to "pin to startup". I did that, launched the program (it still won't do it automatically), and I still can't get the PC to download. On the camera, I still get the proper screen on the camera (USB in the upper left corner, green DSC icon in the upper middle), but its always been doing that.
pghpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2004, 9:34 AM   #4

Some help,

With your camera connected go to windows explorer and locate the drive letter for the camera. Right click on the drive letter and select the “Autoplay” tab. From there you can select from the drop down menu “Pictures”. When this menu appears select your FinePix program.

Give this a try,
Richard
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote