Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 1, 2004, 12:51 PM   #1

Default S7000 accessories...R THEY REALLY NEEDED?

Given the many negative feeds ragarding 3rd party tele-photo & wide-photo lens, being inferior and just downright useless for this camera...is there any reason to buy add-on lenses? If so, is the Fuji add-on lens for this camera, the only one to qualify...as acceptable (if at all)? Before coughing up major $$ for these namebrand lenses, does NE1 have any brand suggestions (or even photo stores to recommend) for add-on lenses to use for this camera? AND ANOTHER THING...how about the add-on flash...any suggestions for the brand / type to use?
toliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2004, 1:56 PM   #2

Quote:
If so, is the Fuji add-on lens for this camera, the only one to qualify...as acceptable (if at all)?

Their are several lenses that are aftermarket, and superb quality.

The two highest qualty lenses:

Sony VCL-HGD1758(1.7x, large, heavy)

Olympus TCON-14B(1.45x, large, heavy)

Somwehat compromised quality, but still very good:

Olympus TCON-17(1.7x, medium size, medium weight, low price($100))

Moderate compromise in quality:

Raynox(all current telephoto lenses that fit s7000)

I base these ratings on controlled side-by-side examples from each lens against each other from varoius websites online.

-Chris

[/quote]
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2004, 3:51 AM   #3

I have had bad experience with the aftermarkets and the FinePix3800 as well as the S7000. The Fuji lens is of good quality while being made of very light glass (it is not plastic as some say, I called Fuji to ask.) The Bower lenses add an "f" as well as distortion.

The other lenses that WmAx recommends are also recommended on other forums, but do they offer an advantage over the Fuji, I don't know? With the Fuji you can effectively use at least 2/3 of the zoom and it brings you to an effective 315mm, do you need more than that?
divedr is offline   Reply With Quote