Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:15 AM   #1

Default Fuji S5000 pictures too bright

Hello, my fuji S5000 takes great pictures indoors, but when I take pictures outside, it is almost like I am shooting into the sun. This has happen two different days and two different places. The camera is pretty new and I have not made any adjustments to the settings. Does anyone have a clue what could be the problem (besides operator error). I can not make a correction in the software to overcome this. thanks, jf

Here is an example of what I am talking about. My cheap cameras and my digital rebel took great pictures of this dogwood tree, but:
gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2004, 6:33 PM   #2

Wow, I just got an S5000 a little over a week ago and I've had no problems like that myself. If it's in full auto mode when you're taking them and it still turns out like that, you might have something wrong with the camera. I'm still new enough to mine that I haven't tried anything in manual mode, other than the manual focus yet, I'm still learning what all the settings do, but that doesn't look to me like the camera is functioning properly.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:45 PM   #3

What mode are you shooting in? If you are not, try shooting in full auto mode. When you press the shutter button half way, take note of the shutter speed and aperture. When you preview that pic in finepix viewer, look to the left at the bottom under file info and post what the info was for that pic...shutter speed, aperture, ISO, camera mode etc. You can try to cut and paste into your post also. HTH
jackdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 1:06 PM   #4

Yes, dumb operator error, i was not in auto mode and had the white balance out of wack. thanks,
gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 2:27 PM   #5

Wow, I'm glad to hear it's not a problem with your camera. I've been really tickled with my S5000 so far. Only complaint I have is that with my old Mavica FD91, I didn't have to concentrate so hard on having a steady hand because it has an image stablizer on it, so I have to pay more attention now if I'm using the zoom, but then that's operator error and not any fault of the camera.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote