Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:21 PM   #1

Default New to Forum and question on Fujifilm serial numbers?

Hi All,

Just bought a S7000 and thought I'd read up before actually starting to use it. I have never posted on a forum before so let me know if I break protocol.

Does anyone know Fuji's serial number sequencing? Previous posts indicate 34L for the battery issue and mine starts with 34A. I bought a Scandisk 256 Ultra with it. Maybe I should exchange for an Xd before I open the package.

Thank you all for your informative posts.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:20 PM   #2
hst

Default The Ultra will have issues

If the serial number is serial above 34L60001 your OK. Yours is not so it will have issues. I first used a different CF card and it didn't have any problems at all with power but I got a lot of write errors because it was so slow. I got the Sandisk Ultra 256MB and the battery problem started happening although I didn't have any write errors using the card. It was a pain to keep poping out the card after each use and the batteries were often drained when I went to use the camera. I went back to the vendor for two different replacement camera and they were both 34A series and had the same problem. They didn't have anything with the high digits and Fuji didn't do a recall. I liked the camera so well I decided it was worth just keeping it and then going with a 1GIG Microdrive which I bought at Gateway for about 200.00. Works great and I get a lot of images and good video. I was going to go with an XD card but they were more expensive and only went to 512K.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 5:15 AM   #3

Thank you for your input. I will just get a microdrive now and save the headaches.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 4:45 PM   #4

I've got an S7000 34A serial, only bought it in the last 6 weeks. I've got two PQI F1 40x compact flash cards and the camera works just fine.

If this problem was reported a while ago, before Xmas to my knowledge is there not a chance that Fuji has now recitified the problem anyway, either by recalling cameras from the retailers or sending retailers cameras that have already been modified.
Emperordalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:36 PM   #5
hst

Default I don't think that is right

The issue is probably the way the card is designed also not only that it is a compact flash card. I had one card that didn't cause any problems but it had a slow write speed. I bought the Ultra II and used it in the same camera and it started draining the batteries. It has something to do with which card you use but I really don't know why. They wouldn't be able to fix the cameras and then resend them out and still sell them as new. They would be refurbished. With the IBM microdrive I cans shoot a lot of photos and the batteries last a long time. Fuji will take the ones with the issue back and fix or send out a new one to you if you want to go through the couple of weeks it will take to get it all accomplished.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote