Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 3, 2002, 8:58 AM   #1

Default Macro and ring flah for 602

does anyone have experience with use of ring flash with the 602 and what type of ring flash I would require, I will be using the set up for taking dental photographs
thartridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2002, 3:20 AM   #2

Default 602z-Dental Macro Flash etc

http://www.fujifilmsupport.com
See Parts for 602. that Yuzo 14RDX with ring flash is selling many many for Japan domestic market. But you can use other Auto Macro Flash has adjustable flash exposure. Also adapter Ring (I prefer raynox RT5255 since most flash is 52mm-Fuji is 55-55 so need step down ring)and #4 52mm Closeup lense.
Setup Extenion Tube ON. Manual Mode 400sec/F11 WB custom (Slight pink white for better gum color-not too red), External Flash ON. Manual Focus. This is most popular economic dental dightal camera at Japan and Korea. Limitation of This camera -1). Not TTL plain shoe -2). F11 is max. Additional info; Yuzo shoe should ZPMDI (For 602 use lowest Light level dial #9), Also Stabliz 1000 with special modified for adjust exposure and Sunpak DX-8R are widely using because Yuzo's cost. Many USA dental camera shop like Dinecorp selling upgrade Yuzo model with ring and point flash about $400. 52mm #4 Closeup lense any camera shop, not need costy multicoating-it will scrach more easily. For Tube
http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...c-ad_fuji.html
During use Closeup lense not need use camera's macro. Good luck and you need try many shot once you got it our shot is allway's same so easy later. ps use grid at display for exact occlusal line etc position, it looks better at before and after compare and that is our most needed fuction for dental digital camera with manual focus ability. I think every dentist sooner or later trash film camera and intraoral camera's use will very limited (Ironically I am still have big share on a intraoral cam company venture).
KADiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2002, 10:41 PM   #3

Are you able to attach a ring flash and a lens or filter to the adapter ring at the same time? I have ordered the S602 and a Lester Dine ring flash and are anxiously awaiting thier arrivial!

[Edited on 9-25-2002 by mschaino]
mschaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2002, 2:55 AM   #4

Yes No Problem, you Could See Many Modification, But Remember You Have to Use Auto or Manual with A Mode with F Stop Change.
Don't fogot to Use Custom WB. If Other than Yuzo (Dine's one), may need cover some portion sensor with someting for more power. Most of ring flash with Auto mode will do.
See www.cscamera.com will show some and fiji site show some. Sorry cscamra is in korean but you could see pictures. That is most popular setup economic dental digital camera in far east. But after got Fuji S2pro, I found DSLR is more easy to use than cheaper those one. Do not use D100, it has limitation of flash selection and only work with SB29s but after I test we found old Yuzo Ring & point is much better. Spend office money for S2 is best thing I did and I give 602, Minilolta F100, Kodak 3900, 280, Sony P1, fuji DX-10 to my kids and relative for gift. One thing note Minolta F100 is very good for dental photo without any modification (external flash, Macro lense) because full manual mode with custum WB & manual focus. If you do not have 602 yet, That is simple and cheapest solution in and out office, but in front of patient it is not looks professional like S2!! In case S2 Nikon 105mm Micro is dental choice of lense. Remember Non DSLR need more learning curve.
KADiving is offline   Reply With Quote