Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 16, 2004, 3:16 PM   #1
KB

Hi. I have a Fuji FinePix s7000 and was wondering whether I should buy the Archos MiniHD 20GB External Hard Drive rather than getting a 2gb microdrive at twice the price. Or should I get something else. I take a lot of pictures as it is and am taking my laptop to download pixs at night & write to CDs. But I want to get the most bang for my buck. Most of my excursions are short and I will have the opportunity to down load pixs to HD when my cards get filled. Also, my digital camcorder has a 512 card in it. So I want to use it for both. I have a Cannon ZR70MC camcorder.

Does anyone have this or anything else they would suggest? Iwouldalso have 2 512mb cards to write to in the camera. Whatwould I need to transfer from the camera to the Archos MiniHD 20GB External Hard Drive?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2004, 9:39 PM   #2

I saw this in today's paper. I'm not endorsing it, but just putting it out there as an option. I'm not endorsing Circuit City, just giving you a link there as a point of reference. This looks like it would make a decent alternative for you, and give you much more storage space.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...&WT.mc_t=I

(sorry about the text......cut & paste didn't work as I had hoped)
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 9:49 PM   #3
KB

Thanks a bunch-gonna go check one out and see how big it is. Thanks again KB
Old May 17, 2004, 8:46 AM   #4

Hi, I'm using an Archos GMini 220, 20Gb storage and really small. Transfer times from the 1Gb microdrive are not bad, transfers via the USB2 to/from the PC are very fast. The only thing wrong with it is the built in screen is not very good for previewing photos as it's ony 16 level grayscale, the camera built in LCD is better. Other than that 100% recommended :-)
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 6:20 PM   #5
KB

How do you transfer? The same way as I do to my computer hard drive. USB in camera and plugged into Hard drive? Thanks!
Old May 18, 2004, 2:10 PM   #6

The GMini's have a Compact Flash card socket on the side of the units, you just plug the card or microdrive in directly and it automatically recognises it, you can thencopy from the card to a folder of your choice.

I've made a few different folders on it when it's connected to the PC (it shows as a removeable drive) as it's a lot easier than using the built in keyboard option to name them etc.

I should point out that the screen is fine for normal operations like this, it's not really deigned for photo viewing but being able to see the photos are "really there" is a bonus.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote