Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 13, 2004, 3:35 PM   #1

I just bought a Fuji S7000 and am wanting to buy lenses that will attach. Can anyone give me a list of accessories that will work with the S7000 such as lenses, filters, etc. Thanks in advance for helping me with this.

Toria

http://www.musecube.com/teez
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2004, 8:10 PM   #2
djb

if you're looking for a tele add on, i just got a raynox 2.2x tele for my fuji s602z. i showed my first shots in the add on lense forum, in the raynox 2.2x for 5700 forum. i like it. it's light and there is little to no vignetting at full zoom.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:05 PM   #3

I have used http://www.2filters.com/and gotten great deals and service. They have a good list of filters and adapters that will work with the S7000. Even if you don't purchase them from there, you'll get an idea of whats available. Of course Fuji makes their own set of telephoto, wideangle lenses.

Ihave seen some deals on Ebay for a combo pack of filters that is basically a generic brand. I have heard they are not very good.

Have fun with your new camera!
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:13 PM   #4

Hi Toria,

I just bought an adapter tube at www.cameragear.com for $6.41. It's metal and fits perfectly. Don't spend a bunch for the tube somewhere else! You can also get filters there too. They were great to deal with.

Good luck!

Dennis
Everett711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:46 PM   #5

Thanks so much everyone for the info. You guys rock!
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 2:25 PM   #6

As for teleconvertor lenses, I would only suggest the following units, and only because they have been demonstrated to cause little degradation to hi resolution digital cameras:

Olympus TCON-14B(NOT TCON-14, which is an inferior product)

SonyVCL-HGD1758

The Olympus TCON-17 is not quite as sharp as the above lenses, but is still very good. The price vs. performance of the TCON-17 is superior to any other lens I am aware.

I can not recommend other lenses, becuase (1) I have either analysed the lens and it had signficant degradation [or](2)No measurements/controlled comparisons have been performed - thus I can not recommend. I will not base suggestions on speculation and/or testimonials except in special circumstances of which this fact is clearly stated.

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2004, 11:48 PM   #7

Everett711 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Toria,

I just bought an adapter tube at http://www.cameragear.com for $6.41. It's metal and fits perfectly. Don't spend a bunch for the tube somewhere else! You can also get filters there too. They were great to deal with.

Good luck!

Dennis

I just got my order from these guys and I can't say enough good things about them. Great service, great price.

For what it's worth, I had a problem with my order, I must have clicked an incorrect button and one of the filters I ordered was a 52MM instead of a 55mm. They are taking it back and exchanging it for me, hassle free. Really great service!
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:45 PM   #8

I'm not much of a photographer (I'm a graphic designer), but my job often requires me to grab photos for clients with special requirements. Since I seem to have to do a lot of small-object photography, I ordered myself a Raynox DCR-250 super-macro lens, with which I am very happy.

On the downside, it's got a more or less fixed focal length (~10cm), but offers fantastic clarity and manageable levels of distortion. Attached is a crop from a 12MP shot of a spider in my apartment complex stairwell. Note the extremely shallow depth of field (is a bit blurry - not shot with a tripod sorry)

PS. I had to resample the crop, so it's at 2/3 'actual' size from the camera; has also been recompressed in Photoshoppe. Original spider size = ~4mm body length.
Attached Images

spongepuppy is offline   Reply With Quote