Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 16, 2002, 8:31 AM   #1

Default S602 Video question?!

Hi, could someone tell me how many minutes of video (640x480) I could store using a 1Gb microdrive with this camera please. I'm thinking of buying one (because of the still features) but it is important to know the full video capabilities.

Thanks, Jon
paradoxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2002, 11:20 AM   #2

There's two answers to this as the S602 has two video modes: VGA and QVGA.
In QVGA mode you have 1833 seconds of video, that approximately 30 minutes and you have 925 seconds or 15 minutes of video in VGA mode.
Incidentally, VGA mode is 640x480 pixels and QVGA is 320x240 pixels.
You cannot successfully show video directly from the camera onto a television, the plaback is jerky as the microdrive cannot keep up, best to download to a PC and edit/view from there.

Hope that helped!

Steve
Digimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2002, 2:09 AM   #3

Default Video performance

Can you tell me then if when recording in VGA mode (640x480) is the playback smooth and jerk free when using the microdrive after copying the file to the PC?
paradoxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2002, 2:29 AM   #4

Once the video is transferred to the pc as a file the playback is perfect. That is to say as long as your PC is up to the job of playing video. I would recommend a Mac or a PC that is less that 18 months old. Would therefore suggest probably a 600mhz Mac minimum or an 800 mhz PC. My 1333mhz AMD works fine and even my 600mhz Sony laptop seems happy to play these files.
Digimonster is offline   Reply With Quote