Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 19, 2004, 7:13 AM   #1

:?

Hi All,

I am posting this topic for a friend's Fujifilm S2 Pro,

The problem that i am facing is that after shooting the pics no picture is being registered on the file, Although the postview mode displays the frame but the frame is purely black without any picture (see attached pics). All the functions of the camera, i.e. Focusing, metering, zooming, clicking, etc are working normally as they used to be but no picture is being registered on the frame.

I downloaded the pics to my PC and the picture files take up 3 MB or so of Harddisk space but no picture is visible.

I wanted to know if anybody has gone through same problem

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

AK
Attached Images

ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 5:07 PM   #2

It seems that the shutter curtain isn't working, maybe locked. Try to shoot without the lens in a low shutter speed (i.e. 1/4s or 1/2s)and see if you can see th CCD when the mirrorcomes up.

Flavio
bacellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:43 PM   #3

Your friend might want to call the fuji support number and they can probably help out. I've always received good service from them. The camera is such a good camera and quite expensive, it would probably be worth the cost, even if he had to send it to them for repairs. They should be able to give hima repair estimate before working on it if he has to send it in.

Before that, try a different memory card, do a reset in the settings to be sure something didn't get messed up, and try different batteries to be sure something isn't wrong with them if he hasn't done these things already.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:25 AM   #4

I am having a similar problem, though with my Fuji Finepix M603. The problem that i am facing is that while shooting a picture the screen is white and then the pic stored after clicking is also white. All other functions of the camera, i.e. Focusing, zooming, clicking, are working normally as they used to but no picture is being registered on the frame.

What is the problem? Is it a CCD blank problem.
proton107 is offline   Reply With Quote