Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:04 PM   #1

was wondering if anyone had any opinions as to which camera they would pick and why.
I have been reading that the s7000 has some very high compression and a lot of noise, but it has 1mp more resolution than the 7hi.

How noticeable is this if prints are kept to 8X11 or smaller or larger for that matter?

There are some other minor differences, but I can sort those out on my own. Image qualtiy was my biggest question.

Thanx for any help,

Craig
Hyoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:05 PM   #2

I was in the same boat and opted for the 7HI. After getting a lot of blurry shots from the slow unreliable focus and getting a lot of underexposed shots from the weak flash, and mutiple trips to the manufacture, I sold mine at a loss and bought the S7000. I have been very happy with the change.

The S7000 does have noisy images if you look at them at 100% 12MP however thats because its a 6MP sensor. You have to cosider the images 6MP images to appreciate the quality of the photographs.

The only area I liked better with the 7HI was the Macro Mode. Macro images when the the focus locked on properly looked like they had more details in my opinion. However since most of my images were not of Macro subjects the S7000 won the contest for me in overall image quaility and performance.

There are a lot of new cameras coming out soon that are 6,7MP and there may be some excellent alternatives in September. If I could wait and was buying a new digicam, I would wait until some of the Septmeber reviews when many of the new cameras are being released.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 3:44 PM   #3

What new cameras are you talking about? And will they be at thes same price point as the 7hi and s7000?

Thanx for that reply it was extrememly helpful.

Craig
Hyoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:45 PM   #4

Given the price advantage the S7000 looks like a better deal, plus it doesn't require a special flash unit, or an expensive remote cord, all you need is a newer auto flash with low trigger voltage and a regular old fashioned cable release.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote