Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:17 AM   #1

I'm checking out an S7000 for a while, trying to decide if I want to keep this camera or pay just a tad more and get a Nikon 8700. So far the S7000 seems pretty good, I like the solid feel, but the AF seems fairly loud when I'm taking pictures. Sorry I don't have any WAV samples to demonstrate.

Is this fairly normal?

I did play around with a Canon IS for a while, it is very quiet, so that might be why I'm just noticing the sound on the S7000.
luckycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:00 PM   #2

I just tried mine. I've had it for 7 months now, and never really noticed. So I would say mine isn't loud enough to raise a question, but now that I'm listening for it, it makes a little mechanism noise, especially in continous focus mode. But it's nothing to render a question of defect. About 12-14in. away from the camera, I hear nothing.

Hope this helps, Ed.
1958fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:52 PM   #3

I have had my S7000 for quite a while and taken about 3000 shots. I have used both continuos and single focus modes and the noise is very low. The only time I have noise is when the camera is turned on and extending the lense. Once its extended, is very quite. In fact you don't notice the sound unless you listen very closely.

I'd say you havea problem with your particular camera. I'd look for an exchange
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 4:06 PM   #4

Maybe that's it, the one I have has an issue of some sort... it's really not that bad, but when I compare it to some other cameras it seems loud. it could just be me.
luckycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2004, 3:31 PM   #5

I've had my S7000 for a few months and never noticed noise when focusing, either mine is quiet or I don't hear too well!!

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:25 PM   #6

Yes, the AF mechanism in the Fuji cameras is fairly audible. When trying to photography my cats it takes a little extra patience as they keep looking at the camera... especially when I get it in close for a macro shot.
_jd_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:44 AM   #7

i can also hear the af mechanism audible noisein my s7000 is this normal or what? I just purchase mine brandnew two weeks ago Pls. help.....
rgurds67 is offline   Reply With Quote