Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 5, 2002, 9:59 PM   #1

Default finepix 3800?

I am considering buying the FinePix 3800. I have seen some posts on this board from people who have had problems with their 2800. Since the 3800 is supposed to be an enhanced 2800, I am wondering what more 2800 users think of their cameras. Is the camera basically a good camera. Is there a better choice for the money? Thanks for the help. JH
hbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2002, 5:47 PM   #2

Default 2800

I have the 2800z and VERY happy with it..haven't had any problems yet. VERY satisfied with the picture quality...especially like the large lens and zoom. has movie and sound. compared it with the Canon A40..and chose the 2800z because I needed a lot of zoom and the picture quality was just as good as the Canon A40.

You can get a 2800z for $275 on www.buydig.com I had no problems with them and got the camera pretty fast. First time I bought anything like this from the net and worried...but everything was ok!

the 3800 has higher megapixel rating than the 2800...but less rating than a lot of other cameras in its price range. I would look at other brands in that price range. you may be able to get more. Concentrate on highest MP period. Your prints will be sharper and less blurry at larger sizes. Stick with the major brands such as Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji and Sony. Steves-Digicams is a great place to get all the info you need!

I think those problems people mentioned are rare problems...all brands are bound to have something go wrong among all the units they sell.

the only cons I have with the 2800z is u can't specify RAW file saving for the maximum higest quality...but then again, its a $300 cam and not a $500 cam. And the only other MAJOR con is the Electronic View Finder... hard to see what u r shooting at night and during the day if it is bright it is hard to see. those are the only qualms I have with it. Hopefully the 3800 doesn't have this problem.
DigitalArtist71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 12:11 PM   #3

I'm looking at getting a 3800 too butthat EVF worries me. There is simply nothing better in the price range truat me i have looked everywhere. Steve's is great but it has bugger all on the 3800 .. what is taking so long for a review?
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 4:18 PM   #4
Administrator

I just posted our:

Fuji 3800 Zoom review

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 11:13 PM   #5

Default Steve! :D

I read your excellent article on the 3800...and was wondering if you might think it's possible to use the lenses for the 3800 with the 2800z. They look very similar. I also noticed the eyepiece on the 3800 looked better....the one on the 2800z is terrible...hard to take shots with the sun behind ya without REALLY pressing your eye to the eyepiece (ouch!). maybe the eyepice can be replaced with a bigger softer one?

thanx for the reviews and all the help you provide everybody!
Old Oct 17, 2002, 6:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
I just posted our:

Fuji 3800 Zoom review

-Steve
WOOHOOO!!!!! Been waiting 6 weeks for this. God i hope it's good 'cos i hav ebeen searching like mad and FINALLY got it down to the 3800 or the Olympus C-730....... the 3800 just feels better for some reason.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2002, 7:04 PM   #7

Default ???

:? hmmm???? I checked out a 3800z at teh store and did notice that it had threading.... so the extra lenses more than like ly won't work with the 2800z...o well.....but probably could be rigged if need be. for some reason i like my 2800 rather than the new 3800...the new one doesn't impress me that much....I think I would rather get a Canon or Nikon instead.... next camera will be...by time then Digital SLR will be in the right price range. Average SLR prices are around $300.... wouldn't even consider spending $2000, $3000 + for the digital SLRs! these cameras will have to hit $1000....hopefully that is right around the corner!