Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 23, 2004, 7:09 AM   #1

Just out of curosity just exactly how many out here use the S3000, i know its the baby of the fuji series but i like it, and i use it a hell of a lot, but i was wondering just how many use it in here?....lol i'll prolly get answers like, "trade it in for a 5000 or 7000"...

picnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:14 AM   #2

I've been using my S3000 for about 6 months, and I think it's great! It may not be a digital SLR, but it does everything I need, and gives great results.

Bill
wcandres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2004, 4:27 AM   #3

I just got one of these and am pretty pleased with it.
Does everthing I want it to and good pictures
tagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:56 AM   #4

G'Day Picnet,

I've had mine about 3 months and find it O.K. The thing that frustrates me the most is the momentary time lapse between pushing the button and the actual shot. Last week I was taking some shots of mykids in a skate park and had to push the button as they were entering the ramp to get a shot of them at the top of the ramp. For the still shots it seems to be fine. I'm pobably in the same situation as you of having to pay top doller at this end of the world for anything decent and the s3000 fits my purposes and budget as much as I would like something better.

Dave
bourkedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:36 AM   #5

Hi! I own a Finepix s3000 for about a month now. I'm quite please with the outdoor shots it produce.

some of the the things I don't like abt this camera is the shutter lag. I tried using it on a motorcycle race and I get to capture the pavement more often than the riders. I'mstill on the getting to know the camera stageso I don't want to admit yet that I made a bad purchase. I'll try to make the best of it for now.

Here are some shots I made with this camera. Please tell me what else I shoulddo to improve the quality.

Thanks!
Attached Images

mark040477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:39 AM   #6

Here's the racing shot I took.

Attached Images

mark040477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:01 PM   #7

Well its my second digital camera and i love it, Im only 15 but i watch these boards alot viewing different pictures and alot of you guys are taking some awesome pictures, Im just here mainly to observe and listen to any tips i can get on using my FujiFilm FinePix S3000.
Drummerboy12989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:56 AM   #8

I bought the S3100 for Christmas... for $173 and must say I am pleased with it so far... I am a newbie to Digital Photography, and have a lot to learn...

My main reasons for selecting thiscamera wasthat I mainly use it for family and outdoor photos...

as I get more familiar and learn more... I am going to want to move up to the DSLR's...but I will want to keep this camera around for ease of use!

I feel that I made the right choice for myself!

ROB

Heres atest:

Attached Images

RobWinNC is offline   Reply With Quote