Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 9, 2002, 2:52 AM   #1

Default FinePix 601: the lens doesn't retract?

I've had a F601 (Japanese) for a while and this bug has been annoying me. I wish this happened all the time so I could properly report it as a bug to Fuji, but there doesn't seem any set steps to reproduce it.<br><br>
If the camera is switched to Playback mode and then turned off (after enough time to review a few pictures), the lens does not retract, though the camera itself is off.<br><br>
This happens more often than not. The obvious workaround is to switch it back into Shoot mode and then turn it off, but that seems like such a hack.<br><br>
Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Do I just have a bum device? I bought it almost immediately after it was released, so perhaps they've patched this bug since then.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2002, 3:11 PM   #2

Lauren, I've got the 602 - but it's the same stable. Curiously, the 602's preview is the first click from off, then second click is take, when the lens extends.

I thought this was a bit naff - switching through preview to take pics, but this means from off -preview-off, the lens will not be out.

This is a wild try - but if your shutdown timer is set at it's shortest, try increasing the 'on' time and see if the lens still stays out.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2002, 9:59 PM   #3

I have a fuji finepix4700zoom, i also had that same problem.....I sent it to a repair shop, the lens motor was dead.......it cost $250 to fix.... that is what i had to do...
springpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2002, 11:06 PM   #4

springpin,

Well, the motor itself seems to work fine. The problem is that in Playback mode, it sometimes doesn't retract the lens when I switch the camera off. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

It's been behaving a bit better this past weekend, though. Maybe something realigned itself when I dropped the camera in the train.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2002, 8:01 AM   #5

Lauren, from this Forum, this seems to be a common problem across Fuji models. Do we need a spec for your fix: Height/speed of train/direction/first or second class!!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote