Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 9, 2002, 5:49 PM   #1

Default filter kit / adapter TUBE?

Someone please name me a filter that does not require an "adapter tube" or similar such thing. I would like a filter that goes directly on the lens, with nothing in between. I'm being told by an order company that sold me a filter kit with my new S602 that there is no such filter, and that this is why the sent me a filter kit that requires an "adapter tube" which extends the size of my lens by 4cm. Utterly unaccpetable!! Thanks for any help, please if you can also include the name/brand of any filter that'll work, as in that fits right on to the lens...
oranckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2002, 8:22 PM   #2

Oranckay:

I also wanted to attach a UV filter to serve as lens protection but noted there are no threads directly on inner lens barrel...check it out.
WeekendWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 4:23 PM   #3

On a 602 the zoom tube retracts right back into the body, there are no threads. So the adaptor tube (with threads) is longer than the zoom when the cam is switched on and fully out. You can't get a case over it easily if you want to leave it on, so it's not compact and a bit of a pain! I'd also like to know if there are better options to protect the lens.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2002, 9:30 PM   #4

Thanks for the tip regarding a case and the problems associated with having the adapter tube on. I've been thinking about a case and didn't take that into consideration. I'll need to rethink my selection of a case. I was leaning toward the Fuji case but having to take the tube off all the time is a bother.

Any suggestions on cases for the Fuji S602?
WeekendWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 11:36 AM   #5

I'm not in the States, so my brand isn't helpful. The 602 is fairly large but not a criticism, as it's packed with features.

My case criteria was, reasonable protection without bulk, small enough for cam, batts,cards, lens cloth. BUT not much else as I didn't want to lug around a gadget bag! Heavy end is the batts, so cam goes in, batt end first. I've now got the wide angle lens which is a prob. but might put that on the strap.

I went for cheapest soft leather, just big enough for all the above - but it's really all down to personal preference for the job. I wouldn't choose Fuji as first option - plenty of better ones, but you'll be looking at pro slr sizes not pocket cams.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2002, 8:54 PM   #6

Yup, no threads on the inner lens barrel--nor would you want them there. The only filter that would fit those threads would cause vignetting at the widest angles.

sev
sever is offline   Reply With Quote