Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 4, 2004, 7:57 PM   #1

Just had my s7000 for over a week now, last week I had a chance to sort of take it out for a test drive. We went on a trip to the Everglades (Eco Safari) and I took my s7000, since I'm new to digital photography ( I have been using regular film for years, I have a canon A1 and a Minolta)On the trip I took the Kingston 1gb and Viking 256 II flash card along with the regular xd16 card that came with the camera. Took atotal of about a 100 pictures and I think that maybe 75% if not more came out great.I would like to enclose 2 pictures as an example if some one can explain how:?.. I tried to cut and past but that didn't work..Also one more quick note I'm new to this board, but have been reading the post on for a few weeks before buying the camera

Thanks

dbrown

dbrown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2004, 8:26 PM   #2

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...486&forum_id=2
Try the link above, Ferny has done a nice job of explaining it. Looking forward to your pics.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 7:02 AM   #3

I followed the info to the letter and this is all I get when I try to post a picture.

I will keep trying, and just for now you guys will just have to take y word for how great this camera is:-)

dbrown

Old Oct 7, 2004, 1:33 PM   #4
Administrator

dbrown7 wrote:
Quote:
I followed the info to the letter and this is all I get when I try to post a picture.

I will keep trying, and just for now you guys will just have to take y word for how great this camera is:-)

dbrown

If you are posting photos from your local hard disk drive, you will need to use the browse button that appears under the entry screen to find a photo (not the button at the top, which is only used for posting images from web sites).

Your link appeared to be using the wrong method, and also didn't include the entire file name (which will end with .jpg when you browse for a photo).

Your photo size must be 250,400 bytes or smaller for uploading to a post. So, you'll need to downsize and/or compress it. Only one image per post is allowed from a local hard disk (versus a web site).

Most image editors candownsize your photos. If you don't have one that can, download Irfanview from http://www.irfanview.com (it's free). I would recommend downloading the free plugin's, too. You'll see the ability to downsize a photo under the Image, Resize/Resample menu choice.

When you save it, use the "save as" option and give it a different file name (so you don't overwrite your original). This option will also let you select JPEG Quality (amount of compression used for saving). This will allow you to get smaller file sizes for uploading if you don't downsize it small enough (but I would not compress anymore than needed after downsizing).

Make sure you have the "preserve aspect ratio" box checked to prevent distortion.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 7:02 PM   #5

This is a image I did with my Fuji s7000.
Attached Images

DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 7:33 PM   #6

Here's a sample from my s7000:

Attached Images

Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 9:29 PM   #7

Ok lets try this one more time, this is one of my first pictures with this camera. The camera was set an the auto mode for the whole trip.. Thanks for the info on how to post, I think this is a wonderful site.

Thanks dbrown7
Attached Images

Old Oct 18, 2004, 5:47 AM   #8

Ibout three weeks ago an S7000, but last week got wrong

Zoom Error. The service sad 16 days the repairing date.

It's terrible in Hungary.

Please let's writing how many time the repair in another country!?

EDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:57 PM   #9

Very nice flower shot. :-)
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:51 PM   #10

Thanks Doc. I can't see all of your flower/butterfly shot. I only get the top half of it.:sad:
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote