Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 15, 2004, 1:15 PM   #1

Hello.

I just bought a FinePix S5100 and noticed something odd. The color is inconsistant from picture to picture. I put my two kids on my couch and started snapping away. All pictures are in great focus and areclear/sharp and are taken in within a 5 minute period. The weird thing is that the first picture has realistic looking colors, but then the next is sorta greenish and darkish. My son'sblonde/golden hair looks brownish in one pic, has a greenish/brown cast ina pictaken oneinstant later, and in the following shot looks almost accurately gold.The couch looks like it is an unnatural gray colorin one shot but is theappropriate cream color in the next one. This happens indoors and outside using auto, portrait, sports and landscape modes. The color variations aren't extreme but they very apparent.

The camera is neat because you canget a clearpic in a completely dark room but the colors leave a lotto be desired. Even the best picture has just ok color.Anyone else have less than stellar colors with this camera? Anyone else get inconsistant colors? Anyideas as to what is going on?

Thanks for reading this and forany suggestions you can pass my way.

Liz
lizmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2004, 3:23 AM   #2

Trysetting it toManual Exposure setting, then take a series of similar photos (like you did with the kids on the couch) to see if the problem persists. If it does...

... perhaps the automatic white balance is a little overactive?

Try setting the white balance to manual,then take a series of similar photos again.
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 4:26 PM   #3

Thanks so much! I will try changing the white balance settingand let you know how it goes.

One thing I realized, quite by accident when I forgot to raise the flash, is that when the flash isn't used indoors the colors look more natural and true to life. Hmmm.

I am just now starting to use the features on my camera. For yearsI was a simple point and shoot kinda gal but am enjoying playing with my new toy.I think I have a new hobby

Liz
lizmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 9:51 AM   #4

I only received my S5100 the day before yesterday, and I don't seem to have the color problem you mentioned. But I will surely keep my eye open for this.

joelw135 is offline   Reply With Quote