Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:20 PM   #1

Greetings,

Great forum, I've marveled at a lot of the pictures entered, and felt quite overwhelmed when it came to submitting a picture. If you would, please comment/critique the attached picture. From my S5000, no fancy settings, I just put the camera on Auto, and let it do it thing. Any suggestions on making the subject an even better picture - i.e. backlighting, wider/narrower aperture, etc.? Thanks, Pete
Attached Images

pghpete22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:52 PM   #2

I think its beautiful man. Nice shot.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:09 PM   #3

Nice photo. You might try expermenting with Depth of Field. Your aperature on this shot is 4.5 and shutter speed at 400. Try going with aperature priority or with the "P" setting and using a f2.8 setting. That will give you a blurry background and a narrower focal point on the flower. The great thing about digital is you can change settings, write them down, look at the picutures and see what you like best in a particular setup.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:02 PM   #4

Cute emoticons... The pic is really great . I like the shot and detail.However, A little lightening might even make this shot "pop". Having been a die hard Nikon user for years with a 60 lb back pack full of long lenses for photo ops, the Fuji S5000 and the S5100 was a breath of fresh air. Amazing the quality of shots these little cameras produce. Getting older the back pack ofNikons are not conducive to my back any more on long hikesso this certainly fit the requirements for me.However I stillusemy trusty Heavy tripod forlong telephoto shots. Certaily a must use shooting in the 300 mmplus telephoto settings or macro shots.
nphotogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:27 PM   #5

Thanks for the advice on the aperture setting. There is another pink one in bloom, I'm going to try a couple of settings. Its official: I have fell in love with photography again. Take a bunch of pictures, if they don't turn out - delete them. What could be easier?! Thanks again.

Pete
pghpete22 is offline   Reply With Quote