Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:59 PM   #1

:?hi everybody

i am new member and photographer.

i want to know how look in lcd display to focus in manual mode at distance buildings.

lcd monitor and viewfinder are very small resolution.

myo hein zaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2004, 8:58 AM   #2

My suggestion would be to go to maximum zoom and concentrate on a very thin feature, such as a branch, a radio mast, or a wire. Move the focus back an forth between the two directions where that feature starts to blur. Aim to finish directly between those two extremes.

Then, de-zoom to the actual framing that you require. That 'thin feature' should, of course, have been at a similar distance to the main feature in you choosen subject.

This has remained my technique since using it with a video camera from 1982 with a 6x lens, and a camcorder from 1989 with a 10x lens.
vortexau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 4:49 PM   #3

vortexau wrote:
Quote:
My suggestion would be to go to maximum zoom and concentrate on a very thin feature,...
Perfectly good in theory, it's the same way I've always tried to use, and all manual focus/zoom lenses that I've used work that way - but be aware that with the motorised-zoom digital cameras it doesn't always work. Some cameras (cheaper ones normally) go very obviously out of focus when you zoom back out, so its worth checking first that you can use that method with your camera.

Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote