Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 29, 2004, 4:13 AM   #21

Thanks.

I'm loooking to buy a high speed card, but wasn't sure if the camera was compatible or not. You 've pretty much answered that! Thanks

I am having fun playing around (and having a measure of success!) It's just that in 6mp mode it is taking about 5 seconds to write to the card. (judging by what you have said, that's not way off beam!)

Thanks for the tips on settings!

Jonathan
morgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:28 AM   #22

Your assumptions would be correct. The camera does use a high speed card, and it does take a few seconds between shots with a slowercard at 6MP mode. =o)

-tlmiller10
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:55 PM   #23

Is a (high speed) CF card fast enough to use in movie-mode? The CF cards I tested only recorded movies for less than 20 seconds. How long can you record with a 512 Mb card? Any brands that are favoured?

regards,

Hans.
ezel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 1:09 PM   #24

ezel3 wrote:
Quote:
Is a (high speed) CF card fast enough to use in movie-mode? The CF cards I tested only recorded movies for less than 20 seconds. How long can you record with a 512 Mb card? Any brands that are favoured?

regards,

Hans.
Most high speed cards are good enough to do the unlimited movie mode without problems. Some people say the SanDisk Ultra II's have problems but mine has been perfect!

I have a 512mg Ultra II High Speed card, I bought it from Zipzoomfly.com, they're great prices and service make them a first stop! =o)

-tlmiller10
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote