Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:54 PM   #1

I was deciding to joinwww.s5000.net forum as i have been lurking for over a month. The thing I can not get past is there is much attitude over there. A new member posted the other day and they wanted to share their photo and everyone came out of the woodwork to tell this person how bad it was.:?

I would not recommend that forum, instead post here it is much safer!! I am new here and hope to find out information about fuji.

outhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:27 PM   #2
Administrator

outhere wrote:
Quote:
I was deciding to joinhttp://www.s5000.net forum as i have been lurking for over a month. The thing I can not get past is there is much attitude over there. A new member posted the other day and they wanted to share their photo and everyone came out of the woodwork to tell this person how bad it was.:?

Well, you get that on all forums from time to time. But, that doesn't excuse this (from their site's FAQ):

Quote:
9. Does Santa exist?

No.
:-)

http://www.s5000.net/faq.html

Welcome! I hope you like the forums here.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:35 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome! I will not even lurk at www.s5000.net anymore. So where do I begin to find things about fuji cameras I am debating buying the s7k but i hear a replacement for the s7k is on its way. Have anyone heard anything?
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:48 PM   #4
Administrator

outhere wrote:
Quote:
So where do I begin to find things about fuji cameras I am debating buying the s7k but i hear a replacement for the s7k is on its way. Have anyone heard anything?
Well, there is always a replacement on the way for any camera model (such is technology). But, I haven't heard any rumours.

There will always be a newer model coming out. So, if you wait on the "latest and greatest" before buying one,you maynever get around to actually enjoying one (since an even newer, and supposedly bettermodel from someone will always be on the way).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 7:39 PM   #5

Thanks JimC,

I guess you are right. I am leaning towards a Fuji s7k. I will be ordering one in the next few hours or tomorrow from bhphoto. I am anxious to get this camera but did not want to get it if something newer came out. I have a friend who has one so I know what the camera is capable of doing. Hopefully i will be able to take some pictures soon. Is there a photo section here? Iwill go searching.

Thanks!