Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:03 AM   #11

Hello All,I am a newbie here, I recently picked up a Fugi S5100, and am loving it!,,, I had considered the Canon S1, and the konica minolta Z3 , butthey just didn't impress me. I have taken quite a few shots with this cam, and most all come out clear enough to enjoy at all stages of zoom, indoors or out, daylight, or low light,using auto4mp normal mode. It appears that because of the extra light brought inby the lens, the fast shutter speed, and the light metering, plus the handy focus assist lamp,camera shake is not as bad a problem as I thought, no IS needed,I am quite pleased! I will post pics when I get a chance. later, Mike

Update, some test photos here, note: 2 bridge pics taken handheld acrossa dimly lit room, no flash, at approx.7.5X zoom, about 20ft,,,looking foranother good free Pic hosting site, I'm open to suggestions

http://photos.yahoo.com/humorousone

MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:01 AM   #12

G'day MikDee

Try www.photobucket.comfor free hosting

Regards.....................Barry
LC70GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:45 AM   #13

G'day, and Thanks from down underBarry, I ended up there last week,,, it seems the better of most! Oh, and if that's your pic, I notice we're both a wee bitpast middle age,,, lol,,, and recently fascinated by photography,

Check this out:http://photobucket.com/albums/v240/MikDee/

later, Mike
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote