Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 30, 2004, 1:22 PM   #1

Does anyone always keep their Adaptor Ring on for the s7000? If you do - Are there any performance decreases and how do you keep the lens safe?
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:12 PM   #2

You can leave the adaptor ring on all the time if you want to - it doesn't affect picture quality. Leaving a skylight filter on the front of the adaptor helps to protect the lens from getting dust and scratches; but it may slightly affect image quality in some situations - although I can't say I've ever noticed any problems.

Its really up to you - I tend not to leave my adaptor on most of the time - I don't like the idea of it being in the camera bag and getting knocked - similarto leaving a telephoto lens on a SLR. But I do put the adaptor and skylight on if I'm going somewere dusty or wet or similar.

Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 7:07 AM   #3

Ok. Cheers for that!

Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 1:54 PM   #4

I tend to leave mine on all the time with a UV filter for protection. Some folks don't think it's needed, but it only takes that ONE stray pebble or bug flying through the air...

In other words - replacing a $20 filter is easy. Paying Fuji $400+ to replace a lens is not.
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 6:12 PM   #5

I have a S5100 and I leave the ring on all the time. It protects your lense from accidential bumps especially if you are shooting in a crowded place like a parade.
drz01 is offline   Reply With Quote