Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:10 AM   #1

Hi,

I have a Fuji S3000 and i am considering buying a photo printer, does anybody know if this camera is Pictbridge compatible?

Regards

Dominic
dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 11:18 AM   #2

Dominic

I found a review that said that S3000 does not have PictBridge compatibility. Here is a link for you. Do a search on yahoo with S3000 and PictBridge and you might find more, this was just first link that came up. Hope this helps:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...il.php?cam=514

Why would that matter to you? I have S3000 and never used even considered PictBridge. I always edited all indoor pictures that I took for brightness and contrast. My indoor shoots had a little red tint to it, so I also adjusted color balance. With most cheaper cameras to get an excellent shot you might want to consider doing some post-processing, so PictBridge should not be the most critical factor. In fact, I send my photos for printing online through ofoto.com or adoramapic.com because most of the stores that print local in town either charge to much or if they are too cheap that reflects on the quality of the picture. If you have broadband internet connection, you might want to consider that as a better alternative to printing. Thanks and good luck.
fujifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:31 AM   #3

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. the reason i wanted to know is that i'm interested in one of those Photo printers (Canon CP-300)and it said my camera needed to be PictBridge compatible.
dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:21 PM   #4

Dominic,

PictBridge would only be useful if you are printing your shots directly from the camera; I am not sure how smart that would be with S3000. Like I said i would recommend downloading images to hard drive, looking at them to see if any editing is needed (with S3000 there might be a few) and then printing. I am sure that the Canon will print just fine from any image editor software package like Paint Shop Pro. Just want to make sure that you don't buy something with PicBridge support, but at the same time loose out on the quality of pictures. Thanks and good luck.
fujifan is offline   Reply With Quote