Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 30, 2002, 5:03 AM   #1

Default Bag for Fuji 2800

Hi:

I'm searching for a bag for my finepix 2800. I'd like one adjusted to the measures of the camera, not a giant one, but I'm unable to find it.
Has anyone found any? Can you post the brand to help me find it?

Of course, I don't like the "official bag", because it doesn't really protect the camera and have not shoulders strap -> you have to use the camera strap, which don't seem too strong to me

Thanks in advance

J.A.Calvo
Spain
jacalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2002, 5:22 AM   #2

Check out the www.tamrac.com website for the entire range of digicam bags,
you may look for the "velocity" series in particular.

if looking for some cheap but good quality range of digicam bags, check the Kodak & Samsonite bags on the net.

hope this helps
ajeet
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2002, 5:36 PM   #3

I just purchased a Case Logic DC70 KOSKIN DIGITAL CAMERA BAG from CompUSA that fits my FinePix 3800. This should fit your 2800 as well since both cameras are identical in size and shape. You can check it out at: http://www.caselogic.com
bstrohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2002, 7:58 PM   #4

Default hey

just go to any camera store (maybe a used cam store)...and the bags for FLASHES fit the camera perfectly. they are more cube shaped opposed to long and rectangular like most poitn and shoot camera bags. or if u want bigger get a bag more for Mavicas or camcorders..which is to big for me personally.
DigitalArtist71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 3:55 AM   #5

Finally, I've found a bag that fits the camera perfectly! It's not a bag for cameras, but for objectives.

It's the Tamrac MX5375, and it's very cheap (~10$) and robust, with a very strong attachment for the belt.

So, if you are in the same problem that I was in, test your camera in one of these bags.

Thanks to all for your help!

J.A.Calvo
Spain
Old Nov 20, 2002, 3:51 PM   #6

I have found through experience that it's usually better not to get a camera bag that just fits the camera alone. Then you usually have to find a place to carry an extra set of batteries, additional SmartMedia cards, and maybe a small clamp or tripod. I found that the LowePro D-Res 30AW fits all of these things easily and can be attached with a belt loop or shoulder strap. It also has a rain resistant top flap and a hidden nylon elasticised cover that can be flipped over the bag as well for additional protection. It is 7" High x 6" wide x 4.5" deep with all those items inside.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2002, 3:54 AM   #7

What you say about extra space in the bag is true, but I've found myself that with this camera I don't need to carry extra batteries, because with my NiMH I can take more than 200 pictures (more than 150 using the flash). Even, I don't need to carry extra memory; 128MB covers my need for one day.

So, I was searching for a really compact camera bag.

Thanks anyway

J.A.Calvo
Spain
Old Nov 26, 2002, 3:09 PM   #8

The reason I carry a set of additional batteries is because I don't go out shooting every day. I also don't recharge my batteries every time I take pictures (sometimes I only take 1/2 a dozen), so frequently I have partially charged batteries in the camera from the last "shoot". I always use the batteries until the low battery indicator comes on while I'm shooting, then switch to the fresh set in the bag and charge the used set when I get home. I carry extra cards because I got good deals on smaller cards (16 & 32MB) with my previous digital camera, so haven't had to buy a big card yet. As I get 25-50 shots per card (total 182 shots at "Fine"), it's not a big deal using small cards, so far. If I used one of my 35mm cameras, I would be switching film every 25 shots anyhow. So I consider my cards as digital "film". I take mostly scenics, so a few secs to swap a card or batteries is no big deal. If I'm not going to use my camera for a very long time, I replace the batteries with alkalines, so as not to lose the internal settings.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 2:38 AM   #9

Ok. I understand you.

I only have a commentary: The charge indicator of my camera doesn't works well with my batteries (NiMH). It indicate nothing during almost always and when the batteries are uncharged, indicate "low battery" and A SECOND LATER it get off.

I don't know if it is a fault of the camera or (as I suspect), it is a "colateral effect" of the good quality of the batteries, that when are getting low in charge, made an effort to maintain the level of the output. So, this way, the camera doesn't know the real level of charge of them until they're off.

So, I have in mind how many pictures have been taken with the battery set to know if I will need to charge them before use the camera. And, if I need a full charge, I discharge them before recharging.

Hope I have explained good what I had in mind (my english is not so good as I'd like)

J.A.Calvo
Spain
Old Nov 28, 2002, 3:36 AM   #10

The low charge warning in the camera uses the power level in the batteries to determine if they are low. With alkalines this works well, as they slowly lose their charge near the end. With Metal Hydride batteries, they hold their charge fully until the last few seconds, so the circuitry that checks for low battery has no way of knowing they are about to "die". Sony uses a minutes remaining indicator, but they use proprietary batteries so they can estimate it much better (I'm not sure how accurate they are though). Using AA's there's no way of knowing the exact power reserves of the ones a user has selected. It seems no two Metal Hydrides are exactly alike.