Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 23, 2004, 2:24 AM   #1
Eon

I'm buying the S7000... Now, before I say anything, the only digital camera's that I've had were the Olympus Brio (it was supposed to be for snapshots, but started something I didn't expect - a career) 2MP andthe Sony Cybershot DSC-V1 or whatever (it was actually my boyfriends, so I couldn't actually get comfortable with it)... So, I've completely outgrown these cameras and have decided to buy a real camera.

This brings a crap load of responsablity that I don't even know about, so, other than "always put the lens cap on when you're not using the camera", does anyone have any advice for me? I know nothing about keeping a real camera in great condition (this camera will have to last about 2 or 3 years, but I do plan on getting an SLR in addition to this, next summerish).

I know that I need a really good cushy case, and I need to baby it, but I'm the "take your camera EVERYWHERE with you" type, so I need to learn a lot... Any help is appreciated!
Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:01 AM   #2

Hi Eon,

Your first purchase needs to be a 55mm x 55mm adapter tube and a double coated UV filter to protect the retractable lens from getting hit and to keep dust out (available at very reasonable cost from www.camerafilters.com ). You might also want to pick up a couple or three sets of 2300mah NiMh rechargeable batteries and a good charger. A well padded case is good, I'm currently using a small Samsonite soft case (made for camcorders) approx. 6"x6"x12" with compartments and movable dividers (about $14 at Walmart). Extra memory cards are a good thing to have, you will have to decide which media format you want to use. I'm currently using a couple of xD cards and a 2gb Hitachi microdrive. Congrats on your purchase and happy shooting!

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 2:30 AM   #3

Clyde what bag is that again, can you link me to it, online?

-tlmiller10

It's me Tim!
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 2:49 AM   #4

Hi Tim,

Don't know if it is available on Walmart's website, never looked there. All six of the Walmarts in my area stock this particular item in the camera department, it's supposed to be a camcorder bag, but works well for my S7000 (as it would for your S602). Just drop in to your nearest Walmart, they should have it.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 5:24 AM   #5

I have alsoa padded case from SAMSONITE.

The case is perfect for this cameram if you dont want to carry around extra free space. It's like the case is made for this camera.

boderbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 2:10 PM   #6

I ended up with that Targus knockoff bag, looks like the one above, but smaller... I believe I can jury rig the velcrow divider inside to house my camera in full zoom (What I believe an adapter tube would fit like... ) AND my huge Sunpak 442 external flash (that was the big problem, finding a bag cheap that would fit both in the desired mode), and the side pockets hold batteries and extra memory just fine. =o)

So far I'm happy... I'm keep the tags just incase, along with the receit...

=o) Merry Christmas to me... my only present. I was out of work for the past month, but got a good new job with a company I've been with before, Office Max, selling Cameras, and stuff to whomever. =o)

I'm getting better at photography, I need to post some pics here, but I've got quite a few of ducks, and of a particular friendly duck I have named Mr.Mallard, so be prepared to see some shots soon.

-tlmiller10
Tim Miller
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote