Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 25, 2004, 6:55 AM   #1

I choose this camera as my christmas pressent.. but I've seemed to have done something or something O.o;; It doesn't seem to take pictures anymore, I go into photo mode and when I take a picture it sounds like it's taking a picture, but it doesn't follow through? I don't seem to get any errors come up or anything?

:S Please help, I spent all my christmas money on it and so it's the only pressent I got! xD heh, sorry I'm just not a whole lot experianced at the moment, I've only had one other camera before this one and it was a real cheap one :P
cottonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2004, 10:53 AM   #2
Administrator

Sorry to hear of your problem. It may be a defective camera. You can try the following: (1) remove batteries and let sit for a couple of hours and then try it again, (2) try a known set of brand new batteries, (3) if using rechargeable batteries - were they properly and fully charged first? It may also be a bad xD card but more likely it is the camera, sorry it ruined your Christmas day activities.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 11:51 AM   #3
Administrator

cottonmoon wrote:
Quote:
I choose this camera as my christmas pressent.. but I've seemed to have done something or something O.o;; It doesn't seem to take pictures anymore, I go into photo mode and when I take a picture it sounds like it's taking a picture, but it doesn't follow through? I don't seem to get any errors come up or anything?
Hmmmm..... What do you mean by "follow through"? Do any photos show up in playback mode, and does your camera give you some kind of message in this mode that no photos are available?

Is your LCD display working (some models allow you to toggle between different LCD display modes, including turning it off,by pressing the display button).

I'd make sure you didn' t change somthing by accident. Your model has a RESET choice available under it's Setup menu that will reset all settings back to factory defaults. You'll see these menus explained in your camera's review here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...s5100_pg4.html

As Steve said,removing the batteries from a camera for a while is another thing to try (this can sometimes reboot a model back to factory defaults),making sure you're using good, fully charged NiMH batteries. If you're using the includedAlkalines, that may be your entire problem:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 5:35 PM   #4

omg, I'm soo stupid! I wasn't pressing the button hard enough... I thought I was pressing it hard enough, but I was only pressing the button halfway so therefore it wasn't taking any pictures. heh, I feel realllly stupid now *blushs* thanks for all your help though <3 i know where to come for any future problems with future camras ;D
cottonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote