Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 28, 2004, 9:56 PM   #1

I just got my s5100 yesterday and I am loving it so far! I have much to learn with all the manual modes but that was one of the reasons I chose this camera. It was a great bang for my buck deal and I love it! I was looking at the panasonic fz20 but I felt the lower noise benefits and cost benefits of the s5100 outweighed the pluses of the fz20. I was able to get some clear shots today outside with the 10x zoom without my tripod which amazed me since everyone is all about the image stabalization cameras now. I'd recommend this camera to anyone and hopefully nothing will go wrong to change that The movies are beautiful and awesome with this camera too!!
Attached Images

algea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:10 AM   #2

A beautiful shot,Algaea.I,too,got a Fuji 5100 from Santa and am stunned and amazed at what this baby can do.My dormant interest in Photography has been reawakened.I find myself thinking about how next to test my baby.Oh joy,joy joy!Now that I have the camera of my dreams I have been fossicking around in forums like this and have been introduced to the bonus pleasure of photo-editing.I found a really amazing program on this site" Paintnet".I dont know if I will have time to take photos.This program is intriguing.http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/downloads.html should get you there.I promise you it will be worth it AND It is Free! The water does look real cold but the picture is real cool!!
Geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:22 AM   #3

Thanks geronimo! I will check that program out after work and yes the water was cold. I had to end my session because my hands felt frost bitten hehe
algea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 7:25 PM   #4

I am not suggesting that this program can be used to improve your shot.It is just that I found it on these forums and have had some fun with some of my family snaps.When I get proficient(10 years,maybe) I will post some of my offerings.Meanwhile,Happy New Year to yourself and all other Fuji-ites.
Geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:34 AM   #5

I like this camera as well, and it takes really good shots. What shutter speed were you using when you took that shot, cause it look as you might have used a slower speed because the lower right portion of the shot. Congrats, and its a good camera.
sulk is offline   Reply With Quote