Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 1, 2005, 10:19 AM   #1

I have the opportunity to use the Fuji S602zcamera for a shoot next week except that I need to fire two external flashes mounted on light stands.

I have been testing the top mount hot shoe with a flash mounted a top but the flash will not fire. Is there an internal setting that has to be adjusted to accept the flash?

Obviously, I don't have the manual with me for the camera. Help.

2eyesopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2005, 10:42 AM   #2
Administrator

Yes, checking the review of your camera here, I see that there is an External Flash menu choice under the Record menus that you'll need to turn ON. You'll see the record menu choices described on this page:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...s602z_pg3.html

I'd alsomake sure that the flash you're using is OK from a voltage perspective (some cameras can be damaged if the trigger voltage is too high, and I'm not sure what the maximum allowable trigger voltage is for the S602z).

I'll move this thread down to the Fujifilm forum where you may find S602z users that can comment .

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 1:09 PM   #3

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Yes, checking the review of your camera here, I see that there is an External Flash menu choice under the Record menus that you'll need to turn ON. You'll see the record menu choices described on this page:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...s602z_pg3.html

I'd also make sure that the flash you're using is OK from a voltage perspective (some cameras can be damaged if the trigger voltage is too high, and I'm not sure what the maximum allowable trigger voltage is for the S602z).

I'll move this thread down to the Fujifilm forum where you may find S602z users that can comment .
Correct, you can enable external flash but internal flash is disabled then. Something else you could consider is to set the internal flash to weakest (-.6) and use a slave unit on your external flashes. This saves a lot of wiring and the internal flash nicely fills in.

The trigger voltage that can be handles by the S602z is impressive. 400V is acceptable. Don't use this on a Canon or it will get vapourised.
ezel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 3:43 PM   #4

To use external flash,select either P,S,A or M modes.Turn camera on, press menu/OK button until external flash appears in the screen.Then turn it on. Hope this helps.
cock3tail is offline   Reply With Quote