Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:18 PM   #1

Hi im new here, But i have a FujiFilm Finepix S3000 And its amazing i love it so much, Im only 15 and im not exactly a pro photographer lol so i was wondering if anyone could reccomend any good deals on any lens for my finepix s3000 that will increase my zoom for a good price ??

Thanks in advance.
Drummerboy12989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2

I just wanted to bump this up for you. I have an s7000, and haven't bought a telephoto lens for it, but www.camerafilters.com has a good supply of filters, macro lens, lens barrel extenders and lens caps.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:27 PM   #3

Thanks For The Link.
Drummerboy12989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:14 AM   #4

Hello DB . . . BS :roll:had good point with camerafilters.com... 2 filter.com is good site too ... can get the all importand adapter tube for under $7 there. An adapter tube is very important, for more than mounting filters and converters ... it protects the lens assembly. I have both a 55 - 55 mm adapter tube and a 55 - 52 mm adapter tube .. choice is mostly arbitrary based more upon what you are attaching and anything else I think (a 55- 52 mm adapoter tube at 2 filter.com is cheaper than a 55 - 52 mm stepdown ring). Anyway, Once you have a tube you can pick a teleconverter. I have a Olympus TCON 17 ... a 1.7 X teleconverter, - 55 mm threadsand a Kenko VC-200 HI 2 X teleconverter - 49 mm threads. The Kenko was $95, the Olympus was $105. I think of these as pretty much equal, with a noticable edge to the Olympus with image quality, and an edge to the Kenko for magnification, though just a bit.

For a one teleconverter choice, I'd probably pick the Olympus.

Good Luck, and ...

Happy Shooting !

Mike
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote