Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:36 AM   #1

I just purchase my fuji s7000 brand new 2 weeks ago and i notice the audible noise in af mechanism, the camera sometimes make slow clicking noise inside, it seems when trying to focus in low light. Pls. help meifthis isnormal or something is wrong with the camera so i can change or return it. Thanks.:??
rgurds67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 6:51 PM   #2

THe slow clacking noise you hear is the apature opening and closing, its opened fully when you half press the shutter release to focus, and at other times it auto adjusts depending on the light. If you look inside the lens with a light behind you can see it - its right down towards the bottom of the lens.

The zoom mechanism is also abit on the noisy side, again its motorised so you have to expect a bit of click and whir.

So - yes the noises are normal for that camera, and indeed for most point and shoot zoom digi cameras.

Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the help, I'm really relieved.....:-)
rgurds67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:30 PM   #4

It sounds like your focus selector is set to C-AF, the switch is on the left side of the camera between the camera strap & DC-in port, it has 3 settings MF (manual focus), S-AF(single auto-focus), & C-AF(Continuousauto-focus). If it is on C-AF it will re-focus every time the subject moves in relation to the camera (&thereby make noise). When set to S-AF it will only focus when you push the shutter button half way.
chaosdsm is offline   Reply With Quote