Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:58 PM   #1

Im looking a slave flash for the Fuji S5100 since it doesnt have any external flash capabilities, no hotshoe, no nothing. Most of the pictures are wedding pictures so I need a flash suitable for that also a bracket for it I guess. Any opinions?

Thanks
fotoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2005, 1:17 PM   #2

Where are you located?
drz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:20 PM   #3

Florida
fotoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:18 PM   #4

fotoloco wrote:
Quote:
Im looking a slave flash for the Fuji S5100 since it doesnt have any external flash capabilities, no hotshoe, no nothing. Most of the pictures are wedding pictures so I need a flash suitable for that also a bracket for it I guess. Any opinions?
I have a s5500 (s5100) and Iwanted to use an old flash unit that , which only has sync lead (no hotshoe).

Yesterday, I cam across a batteryless slave trigger called a "Wein Peanut" which is very small for about $24AUS. Plugged it on the end of the sync lead, and placed the "peanut" in the s5500 flash cavity (when the flash is popped up) and hey presto, a far better flash unit.

Also no reason why the flash unit and peanut can't be mounted on a tripod away from the camera (e.g. side flash)

Regards

Fiddler

fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 8:21 PM   #5

If you get a slave trigger, you can use any flash system that has a shoe or sync plug. I use my Cannon 199A flash set on a bracket that screws to the tripod mount on bottom. Kind of looks like the old news cameras. :lol:

You can also use flash remotely. The slave trigger reads the flash on/from the camera and fires the remote. I've had mine 20+ feet away from the camera and it still fires. The only thing you have to watch is overexposure. My 199a is good for up to about 55+ feet withmy digital so I use it more for fill flash.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote