Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 28, 2005, 11:07 PM   #1

I tried to find out how to imprint the date on the photo on my s5100 and failed. Is it true that there is no such function?:evil:

bunanson
bunanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2005, 8:21 AM   #2

Just do it be hand in photoshop (or whatever you use for photo editing). The date should be written safely, and invisibly, in the EXIF data that is burried in the picture file (along with all the camera settings).

So unless you need the date hard stamped in fora scrapbook or photo album, you already have the date stamped on the shot. You just need software to read it.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 4:02 PM   #3

Basement Shows wrote:
Quote:
Just do it be hand in photoshop (or whatever you use for photo editing). The date should be written safely, and invisibly, in the EXIF data that is burried in the picture file (along with all the camera settings).

So unless you need the date hard stamped in fora scrapbook or photo album, you already have the date stamped on the shot. You just need software to read it.
Well, thanks for the info. I can also look it up using window dir. I want the date imprinted on the right hand cornor of the photo for documentation. I cannot afford to look up each one separately either the EXIF or the ms window dir. I look and look and look in the manual and concluded that, they do not provide such a trivial function!:evil: While my less sophisticated Minolta Z1 provovides the function, YUH!

bunanson
Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:30 PM   #4

I found this freebe program that soulds like it would do what you are looking for.

http://www.download.com/Photo-Dater/...l?tag=lst-0-25
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:54 PM   #5

Basement Shows wrote:
Quote:
I found this freebe program that soulds like it would do what you are looking for.

http://www.download.com/Photo-Dater/...l?tag=lst-0-25
Thanks. It looks like that is what I am looking for. I will give it a go this weekend. Thank you again

bunanson
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:04 PM   #6

I'm new here and to digital cameras but I've been using Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) for about three years. I didn't know what the EXIF data was until I got my first digital (S5100) but Irfanview lets you write any of the EXIF data on the picture in any location. It's free and the optional free plugins allow you read over 40 different file types.

No plug or association, I just like the software. Best of all it's FREE! And.... there's no popups or ads.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 9:19 PM   #7

Oh, forgot to mention-- You can "print" the picture with a date. Just use the DPOF function on the camera.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote