Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 12, 2005, 9:34 AM   #1
mon

:|whitch is the better camra the a200 is about £70 more i can not decide betwwen them?
mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2005, 11:16 AM   #2

It really depends on what type of pictures you will be taking and how you will be using the camera. Can you give us an idea of what type of images you will be photographing?
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:10 PM   #3
mon

it will be used as a all round camra
mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:42 AM   #4

Here are my views on the choice.

The A200 has some obvious advantages however it ismore expensive, and requires more expensive accessories such as theproprietary battery, proprietary remote cableand proprietary flash unit (yes I know that the battery has a very long charge life, the remote unit is very usefuland that the correct flash is TTL). I own an S7000, I would love the added features of the A200 but for me the S7000 was more affordable since I already owned AA NiMH batteries,and from my film SLR days, a number of bulb and cable releases, and an old Vivitar 285 flash unit which works well with this camera. I don't do many shots which would require the anti shake (a big plus for nature or available light photography) but it is one of the biggest draws of the A200. The A200 also extends the wide angle range down to a much more reasonable 28mm equivalent (only 35mm on the S7000) and has an articulated LCD display (as well as the highest resolution EVF available).

12MP fine files from the S7000 may require a little post processing to achieve the quality of the A200 but if you seldom print larger than 8"X 10" you would probably never notice the difference.

The A200 is also a new design while the S7000 has been around for a while know, therefore the KM benefits from the rapid advance of technology. It has a lot to offer. Factor in the extra costs of at least one spare battery and look at what your photographic needs are before you decide.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote