Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:29 PM   #1

I've been looking through a lot of posts in this forum and you all seem like a bunch of nice, helpful camera owners. I'm going crazy trying to bring my 3800 back to life. It died on me for no apparent reason 2 weeks ago.

I treat it well- don't throw it around, I feed it recharged batteries (niMH), and I compliment the pictures it takes for me. I've had it almost 2 years (out of warranty now) and it has worked great. I've tried new batteries and nothing happens. Fuji suggested I send camera to them to evaluate. My guess is it will cost more than I wish to spend.

Anyone know of this type of problem? Should I have any hope of bringing life back to this camera? Thanks! -redster99
redster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:17 AM   #2

Hiya,
There are a couple common faults to check first. Refer pix at http://www.pbase.com/digsys/fujis3800 and some info at my site www.digsys.com.au/s602/s602.html
I've repaired a few: mostly it is the XD kill switch, a blown battery fuse or bent contacts on the DC_IN socket. Does it work on AC power?
Its an easy and NICE camera to open up, so give it a go. Look for loose ribbon cables etc too
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:54 AM   #3

Thanks, JKirk. I think I'll try opening it up on my own. I don't have AC power- for that I'll try the local Ritz. I really like this camera a lot. I'll let you know. ~redster99
redster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:05 PM   #4

No problem. TRY the AC power first. IF the Battery kill contacts are bent (VERY COMMON) it will only work on AC power. We can't buy the AC connector but I've fixed them by poking a sharp scribe through the rear of it to bend the contacts back again. Seems to work ok, assuming thats the problem.
JKirk
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2005, 1:18 PM   #5

redster, i have the same problem, my finepix 3800 will be 2 years old in about 3 weeks, i have no power, even when i put power to it via the wall socket i have nothing, its bike week here in Florida and this is when I use my camera the most. don't know what to do, I would hate to send it to the shop, no telling what they are going to charge. if you come up with a solution PLEASE let me know.

Scott
scott0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:50 AM   #6

Hi, I have the same problem. 3800 wont power up. I have checked battery compartment and it is ok powering mainboard. I have fond one big fuse but it seems to be from DC IN part.Are there any more fuses? Are there any more options to check?

Thanks

radosc
radosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:50 PM   #7

i have a finepix 2 mp that wontpower up either. it will power up on ac. I took it apart and saw nothing that looked out of place. what is the Kill contacts?? what do you advise? thanks.
francospanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 12:40 PM   #8

Radosc, Have you had any luck on the 3800? I have exactly the same problem with no power. I had the fuse replaced and still no power. It does not work from the power jack either. Could you let me know if you get a chance?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill

babbott is offline   Reply With Quote