Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 22, 2005, 7:08 AM   #1

I have set the quality/size to 1mb but the images are still big, it's about 456kb. can I change it to record images with 60 or 100kb or it is the minimum allowed?

Thank you?

Hugo
tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:20 PM   #2

Hey, Hugo,

Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

If you have Windows XP, you can use this free program called image resizer. It's on the right side of the page about half way down. Download it and install it. Then if you right click on any picture, it gives you an option to reize. The most commonly used options are, I think .640 X 480, 800 X 600, and 1024 X 768. Unless you specify otherwise, they will keep your original and create a reduced sizecopy. I think at those sizes, all your images will be less than 450 Kb.

Most people don't take low resolution (small) pictures. They take full sized ones (usually over a megabyte) and then use software to shrink them. If you don't have XP on your computer, you can try other software. Maybe some of the other people on this forum can give you some suggestions.

Good luck!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 1:18 PM   #3

Thank you very much!
tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 4:12 PM   #4

Try downloading Irfvanview it's a free download and has an image resizing function. Not to mention a whole host of other great functions.
Chuck Tenn is offline   Reply With Quote