Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:50 AM   #1

This is a recent portriat I did with the s602. The 8x10 prints look awesome!

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:10 PM   #2

Very nice work Rodney... I am trying to improve on my amatuer skills, and possibly start doing shots for friends and family for profit. My college campus is very small and our name is Baptist Bible College, which otherwise is known as Baptist Bridal College. I was thinking about approaching some of these engaged friends that have little money and see if I could take some candid shots of them at the park, or something of that like.

1. To improve my skills

2. To be a blessing to them

3. To make a small profit, perhaps.

Any tips?

http://www.quantumdefect.com/tlmiller10/

That's the whole of my work... which largely became action shots for the basketball teams at the beginning of this year.

Once again, great job...

-tlmiller10

Tim Miller
[email protected]
TnT Designs
[email protected]
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:38 PM   #3

tlmiller10 wrote:
Quote:
Very nice work Rodney... I am trying to improve on my amatuer skills, and possibly start doing shots for friends and family for profit. My college campus is very small and our name is Baptist Bible College, which otherwise is known as Baptist Bridal College. I was thinking about approaching some of these engaged friends that have little money and see if I could take some candid shots of them at the park, or something of that like.

1. To improve my skills

2. To be a blessing to them

3. To make a small profit, perhaps.

Any tips?

http://www.quantumdefect.com/tlmiller10/

That's the whole of my work... which largely became action shots for the basketball teams at the beginning of this year.

Once again, great job...

-tlmiller10

Tim Miller
[email protected]
TnT Designs
[email protected]
Hello Tim,

I looked at many of your images and two things jumped out at me right off. 1. Your compositional skills are very good. 2. You use on-camera flash alot. :-)

The exif data is missing from the files I looked at so I do not know which camera you have, but do have a couple tips for you.

You'll need a reflector to use as fill or if you have a digicam that allows you to set flash compensation, you can use your on-camera flash for fill. I prefer a reflector, but the flash will be easier.

If you elect to use a reflector, you can purchase a standard reflector or use foamcore(also called foam board). You can purchase foam board at most office supply stores and I'm sure Wal*Mart also carries it. I think the size is 3'x5' and costs only a few bucks.

If you have specific questions, I'll be happy to help all I can.

Below is another portrait with the s602.

Best regards,
Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:04 PM   #4

I own the same camera that you do... =o) The beloved Fuji s602z.

-tlmiller10

Yeah, I use the flash a lot, but I'm in poor lighting conditions a lot, so I have to.

-tlmiller10
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:37 PM   #5

You have a capable camera to shoot professional quality portriats. I have a DSLR and the final prints aren't noticeably better than the s602.

Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:42 PM   #6

So portraits are awesome with the s602z. And I know that action shots can be caught quite well.

Any major tips you could pass along to a 6 month user. That's all the time I've had the camera, if that. Got it second hand off of ebay, for 314.99 , with 4 memory cards, and a bag, all used. No warrenty. Which I sorta am kicking myself about that now because I've got dust on my CCD. =o(

Would you care if I PM'd you or emailed you sometime to pick your mind...

-tlmiller10
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:09 PM   #7

Oh, you can probably use compressed air and puff away the dust, if it is dust. I'd not stress over it too much though. Dust shows up on my DSLR about 90% of the time. It starts out as 1 spec then 2 and so on. Eventually, I get around to cleaning it.

Sure, feel free to email or PM me anytime. I think my email is on my profile, but here it is anyway.

[email protected]

Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:15 PM   #8

It is dust... and the canned air didn't work this time. I will have to disassemble the camera myself... I've studied the websites that detail how and I feel confident doing it. I'm a perfectionist, so I must fix it sooner or later.

=o) Thanks... I'll be in touch eventually.

Have a good night... back to my studies.

-tlmiller10