Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:00 PM   #11

I need the macro lenses for shooting jewelry primarily. Examples:

The first pendant is 1 1/4" tall and the second is about 1 1/8" tall w/o the bail.

I can't get anywhere near as close on these with the S5100 as I was with the C-4000. I need to keep the cost on the macro lenses down between $50-100. Would prefer a kit that I can use in combination to get closer as needed. Thanks!
mukkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:25 PM   #12

sorry for not responding earlier because i went out of town:G. Anyway you can get a set ofclose-up lenses in ebay for about $15.00. If you need more magnification you always go for the raynoxes at http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ay-dcr150.htmlor the more powerful http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ay-dcr250.html

The close-up filters only have one element on them so remember the more you stack those lenses the less depth of field you have. if you have more questions feel free to post them in this forum. Good luck with them lenses!:lol:
TheDude86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:57 AM   #13

I've been converting my old film slides to digital with my s7000. It works pretty good, but I noticed that some of the slides have that same blue-ish/purpleish halo around some of the higher cotrast areas of the shot (like the legs iin this shot). I did some digging and found that these Chromatic Aberrations (http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glos...rations_01.htm) were cuased by too much backlight. So if you were wondering what the cause of that was.....

Slightly more on topic, in my attempt to solve this problem, I bought some macro filters hoping that if I could get out of macro mode, back up a little bit, and use the zoom to get into the picture more, they would go away. No dice, but the macro rings are very cool for getting you closer without having to be on top of the object.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:38 PM   #14

I would like the get the Raynox DCR-250 but I am not sure if it will work on the S5100. It says it comes with a universal adapter, but looking on other sites I don't see any finepix cameras being listed as compatible without additional adapters. Does anyone have one of the Raynoxs on a S5100?
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:37 PM   #15

the adapter with the raynox should fit on the S5100 lens adapter
TheDude86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:38 AM   #16

I will give it a shot. Thanks!