Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 28, 2005, 9:44 PM   #1

No association or plug intended but I had to let you guys know about a bag I just got today. It's made by Lowepro and sold under the "Cascade" name by the "Big Chain".I got mine at a Ritz store.Not only will this bag hold the S5100 but also everything you're likely to want to take with you.

On top of that, it's convertable to lighten the load on short trips. The bag is actually meant for a camcorder but works great for the S5100 and all the "stuff". The bag is 9.75w x 7.75h x 5.0d. That may sound large but the bottom 2" is detachable. The bottom is large enough to hold a battery charger, all the charger and camera cables and a host of accessories. The ower's manual will fit in there too!

The upper section will hold the camera with adapter and strap,memory cardsplus a slew of lens filters, batteries and cleaning supplies. The whole unit can be taken into the field (transported) to keep everything together. Once you're there, unzip the bottom and leave the charger and other seldom used items in the car--Zipped up in it's own pack.

It's called the Rainier 1 Video B. The original list was $59.95 but it's on CLEARANCE for $11.77!!!!! While you're in the store, pick up a Cokin Skylight filterfor $1. I don't know if these prices are good online but it's worth a trip to the store front, it not.

CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:37 AM   #2

Nice pick,... I´m looking for a bag for mine... Can´t seem to get one with the right size...

Thanks for sharing
SinRastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:17 PM   #3

That's cool if you want to haul the gear around.

I have a Lowepro TLZ Mini and it's fantastic. I can store that in my backpack w/o making it look obvious that I have a digital camera.
metroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:42 PM   #4

That's why I said it works for me. I'm out of the "backpack" age group. :-)And, yes I like to take filters, extra batteriesand cleaning gear with me. It doesn't make any difference that someone knows you're carying a camera, they'll know it as soon as you bring it out.

The small cases are great too. I plan to get one forprotection on short trips. The large case lets me keep everything together and separate the charger and cords when needed. I couldn't pass the deal up. The small cases were $5! :G
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:49 PM   #5

Nice bag, Ken...great idea posting the pics. I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea. I picked up a Tamrac 5433, which is really a small camcorder bag. I bought it at Circuit City for $19.99. I could have purchased it on their web site for $15.99 and had it shipped to the store for free, but after a long, hard search for the right bag, I couldn't wait. The bag is 9.8" wide, 5.2" deep, and 9.0" high. A little large for some, but it suits my needs.

My S5100 fits in sideways, with the sunshade on, so it's always ready for action. It has two side zippered pouches, in which I store a NiMh charger and my USB cable. It also has a large front zippered pouch, in which I store eight AA batteries, an xD card holder, and a UV filter with case. The big selling point for me is an oversized top flap, which acts like an umbrella, which keeps rain and spray off the zipper (or out of the bag in case I forget to zipper it all the way up). The flap is secured by a zipper, a snap, and velcro - very well made.

I tried some of the smaller bags, and I felt I needed more room for accessories.

By the way...how do I post multiple pics on this site? I have a couple different views I wanted to show, but don't know how to post more than one at a time.

the Hun
Attached Images

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:36 PM   #6

Maybe if I reply to my own post?
Attached Images

Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:37 PM   #7

I don't know if this is the best way...
Attached Images

Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:37 PM   #8

...but it does seem...
Attached Images

Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:38 PM   #9

...to work...

That's all...

the Hun
Attached Images

Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:11 PM   #10

Yea, that looks good. I saw one like that. The only reason I got the Cascade was for the detachable storage but it looks like you've got all thebases covered.

Your pictures came out BIG and slow to download on this ol' dialup but great just the same. When you use the "attachment" option here, you can only send one pic with each reply (as far as I know). To include pics with your text, you have to have the pics stored in one of the online banks and use the "img" and "/img" functions.

I hope I didn't just give awaytop secret info. :-)