Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 6, 2002, 9:45 AM   #1

Default Continious frame no. for S602

Hi All

How can i make my S602 to produce continious frame numbers?

You see everytime ı replace my flash card, it records frames, starting from 1..2.....etc. :?:

I also have a MX1700 and in that model you can easyly toggle that mode from setup menu. But I couldn't find that in S602
misina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2002, 1:38 PM   #2

I'm told you delete all but the last shot on the card and the cam will continue sequencing upwards. If you've got more than one card, more ingenuity is needed.

I'm sure if you rename one file on the card, EXACTLY TO THE SAME naming convention as the cam, then the cam might keep numbering upwards. So you could have 2 cards, separated by a large number in sequence. I'm not sure what number the cam reverts to zero again. You'd expect it to be 99999..... but you never know!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2002, 2:32 PM   #3

Thanx Vox!

But is that the only solution? cos I'm using four SMs and a CF so it is very hard for me to do that
Old Dec 6, 2002, 9:39 PM   #4

Try the cam2pc software. It solves the problem in the great way.
noctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2002, 1:37 PM   #5

noctem.... I think you're refering to 'batch rename'. I use the ACDsee version. However, the problem is nobody ever wants files of the same name created on several media in the first place. That control must be the job of the cam.

OK, I accept you can change it after it's been written to pc, but I feel it's too late then. I'd be very surprised if the Fuji utility looks at the media volume ID and creates unique file naming sets automatically, whilst maintaining a look-up table so it doesn't re-use a name twice.( It could, with a bit more effort in their software).

If you've found something in the software other than the usual batch rename, I'd appreciate more info please.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 3:34 AM   #6

Default firmware

Did you find any firmware update???????? cos I couldn't
Old Dec 10, 2002, 6:14 AM   #7

If you've found a way of updating firmware in a 602, please tell me more! There are a number of irritating software things I'd like to see improved.