Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:16 PM   #1

How do I insert timestamps into my photographs? I have a S5100.
metroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:37 PM   #2

All the camera and photo setting info is contained in the EXIF data portion of the picture file. Do you want to print the info (time) on the picture itself? You'll need software that is capable of extracting the info. I use Irfanview.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 4:12 AM   #3

I d/l'd IRfanview... I would like the timestamp/date stamp on the photo when it's printed out or to save it as an image file.
metroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:16 PM   #4

The info is already attached to each photo. If you're using the Fuji software included with the camera, some of this data is shown on the lower left side of the screen when you click on a thumbnail (after loading to PC).

To print it on a hard copy of the picture with Irfanview, you just create a box by click&drag then click EDIT. Select "addtext to box" and enter the "$" codes for the field(s) you want in the text block. The codes are documented in Irfanview. When the "enter text" window comes up, click the HELP button and it will show the codes. I believe there's over a hunderd. When the picture is printed, the info will be printed in the location you selected.

There's codes for file name, current date/time, etc. besides the photo data which has it's own date and time stamp.

Hope this helps.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote