Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 24, 2002, 12:18 AM   #1

Default FujiFilm 4900 and 6900

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I would like to know what you think about the FujiFilm 4900 and 6900 sereries cameras. I looking to buy one and would like to know what some pro's think.

v
Thanks Alot
waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2003, 9:55 PM   #2

Okay, after shooting off hundreds of pictures the last 3 days on my FP 4900, I have to say ti's rather a crap shoot.

Sometimes the phots are outstanding, and sometimes there just a mess.

Ive found the need to touch up "most" of the photos in an editor like paintshop pro.

I suppose now that they are really cheap on ebay the 4900 might be worthwhile, but all in all, I'd go for the 5000 if I had the money or the s602 at this point.

I read a lot of reviews on the 4900 and quite honestly I think they must have been quite biased, in that my photos do not come out nearly as nice, whereas my photos taken with my Sony CD1000 and Canon EOS 650 were razor sharp, which leads me to believe that either I have a defective camera, or the 4900 is shnizzle to begin with.

I realize this is an old post but oh well.......
Lakeside Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2003, 7:58 PM   #3

Hi I have the 4900z and the s602z .The 4900z has served me well and takes fantastic photo's. Check the camera settings
tommy6206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2003, 10:22 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply,
I am shooting on full auto, using a tripod on a still day, so there is no reason that the photos shouldnt come out razor sharp if they look that way in both the evf and on the lcd.

Most can still be touched up via photo shop to make them sharper, but some are just pure garbage, and often times I find that the camera can't focus on what Im trying to focus on. For instance, Im within the proper distance and trying to focus on a rose, but the rose is nothing but an orange blur, I step one foot back from the shot, refocus, then step one foot forward into the shot and it then focuses.

Dont get me wrong, for the 6x zoom and the low ebay price that one can pick one of these up for, it's still a bargain, but it seems to have it's problems with focus, battery life, and dont even get me started with macro
Lakeside Art is offline   Reply With Quote