Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 5, 2005, 1:29 AM   #1

I think I will go with the Fuji s5100 (i think its called s5500 in some places).

So my question is Should I buy the wide lens right away? This will be my first digital camera. I will be going on vacation back home to Bosnia to take pictures like these (but better ..... hopefully)

The extra lenses are over $100 so the camera gets kinda pricey. I found a bundle on e-bay it includes 3 filters 2 lenses, some batteries all for about $100. But I call BS on this because it sounds tooo good to be true.

Thx in advance.:|
Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:03 AM   #2

I own an S5100 and I really don´t think the Extra lens are a must,...

TELE: you got already 10x... and that len is a multiplier... so it won´t get a better zoom.

WIDE: Could be usefull but I guess if you don´t wanna spent that amount of money you won´t really need it.

ADVICE: Do not buy packs like that one you name in your post,... for most of them the lens quality sux hard...

Try the cam for a cpl of months and the you will be able to decide by yourself if you need them or not.

GoodLuck

SinRastro
SinRastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:18 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply and advice SinRasto, I thought I should stay away from the e-bay bundle.

And how do you like the s5100?

I liked the style and saw some pictures that other s5100 users took and they looked very nice. Hopefully when i get mine it wont disapoint.

Thanks again
Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:35 PM   #4

It won´t dissapoint you at all...

Is a great cam.

SinRastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:29 PM   #5

A 55mm uv filter is a must for a S5100 in my oppinion anyway. It protects the lens and the ccd from dust and also the front element of the lens from scratches. It is a wise investment. Also if you are to buy the filter make sure you buy a 55mm screw on lens cap because the original one will not fit on the filter.
TheDude86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 4:38 PM   #6

Sinrasto, what is a multiplier lens,hb
henry b is offline   Reply With Quote