Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:34 AM   #11

I just took two images in same conditions of the same object.

One is 6M fine the other one is 3M fine

after magnifing the object's particular part, I can really say that
6M is better than 3M
misina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:45 AM   #12

So, can you post here, two identical detailed sample picture areas with same photo-ed. zoom magnification, which shows up the difference, EXIF intact?

Incidentally, compression just makes things worse, the cpu has to do more work decoding. The problem is the 602 produces potentially high quality/high frame rate pics. - you just need a very fast pc like you said. MPEG conversion works, because either the resolution and frame rate can be reduced in conversion, or there is the opportunity to use faster hardware decoding with an addon card.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 10:09 AM   #13

Two questions
1- how can i post pics in here?
2- what is exif intact?
misina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 10:53 AM   #14

Misina... sorry I should have avoided confusing words. As long as your zoomed pics have been done in a recent photo editor version, they will contain file header data (called EXIF) married to your pics which lists the shutter/aperture and resolution modes used when you shot the pics.

You need to post your zoomed test area comparison pics to your own website, or a site offering hosting such as PBASE.COM. Avoid posting the entire pics at high res. Select smaller high res. test areas showing the detail improvement you're seeing.

You can then insert the links in follow up posts here, or embed (which can sometimes be annoying!) using the Img click box at the top of the reply box.

I look forward to seeing your results and checking my cams firmware version with yours!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote