Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:16 PM   #1

Just like the title said. I looked through the manual and all it said to save movie files on to the harddisk before viewing them. I can transfer pictures just fine. I erased all pictures from the camera and had one video that i want to transfer. After I hook it up to the pc it couldnt find anything on it.

Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:09 AM   #2

If the S5100 is anything like the E550 the Video has been transfered already.

You just need to find the DSC file that says AVI when you bring the curser over the image.

Hope the file is there for you.
KEV61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:17 AM   #3

It will appear as a still picture, just click on it to save in "my video's" and let it download.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:26 AM   #4

If you used the Finepix viewer software, the movie (video)should have been loaded as an AVI file along with your pictures. If you did an "erase all" from the camera, "erase frame" on the videoor specifed "erase after loading" the movie has been deleted.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:21 PM   #5

nothing

I erased everything from the camera then made a video. I pluged the usb into the camera and the little window opens up and asks with what do i want to open the pictures (photoshop or "microsoft scanner and camera wizard")

The video is not in any of these. Then I look on the camera screen it says communication error. It transfers pictures just fine even when it says communication error.

Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:10 PM   #6

Saban,

Try this...Hook up the camera to the computer via the USB cable. Turn the camera on (green arrow). Ignore the first popup window (you may cancel this). Double click on "My Computer". Double click on "FinePix(G" Right click on DCIM. Place your cursor on "Send To", then scroll down to "My Documents", and click. You should get a popup stating "copying 100_Fuji to 100_Fuji" or something like that. The AVI file should now be saved to your hard drive under My Documents. Go to My Documents and doubleclick on DCIM, then doubleclick on 100_Fuji, then doubleclick on the file listed there - it should now play your video.

I don't know why you are getting a communication error. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling your camera software, then formatting your xD card with the camera. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:02 PM   #7

The FinePix viewer will load the video.

If you get the "What do you want to do screen", select FinePix.

It handles the file just like a picture except it's loaded as an AVI file. What you will see in the preview is the first frame of the video.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:22 PM   #8

Yeah, I know...FinePix Viewer works for me too, but since Saban is having a problem, I thought the method I described might work as an alternative.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:33 AM   #9

Pick up a $20 9 typecard reader (Stratitec)from Walmart, it makes life very easy!
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 3:36 PM   #10

Ok sorry guys/gals. I fixed it. I think my setting(on the camera) on the "setup" was the problem. I never pressed "ok" I just changed it and went back so the change was never saved.

Thanks for helping out everyone I appreciate it. :-):-):-):-)