Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:43 PM   #11

check out this thread

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ighlight=s7raw
drz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 4:16 PM   #12

Thank you for getting back to me. I think I need to uninstall my current software since my camera was upgraded so I am sure that I am using the proper software,(just in case) then I will see if I can get things to work. Love the screen shots too. Thanks for all your time.. Connie
ConnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 4:18 PM   #13

Thanks for this info. Do you know if this plugin will work in PSP 8 or 9? I haven't bitten the bullet for the Photoshop yet. Connie
Old Apr 19, 2005, 4:19 PM   #14

I am on my way to check out the link. Thanks alot for helping me out here...

Connie
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:06 PM   #15

SinRastro - you're right that the bundled software doesn't give much flexibility, I was only mentioning it to get ConnieD out of a spot. I must say I find it pretty frustrating also.

I don't have Photoshop CS either (still saving). I'd heard that the Camera Raw plugin doesn't support the S5100 / 5500 - does the new update solve this?

lhtorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:56 AM   #16

It does support s5100/5500,... I own one,.. and it works perfectly.

SinRastro
SinRastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:26 AM   #17

SinRastro - thanks for clearing that up for me... now I need to save a bit more :sad:
lhtorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 1:23 PM   #18

Just a curious question. I know, I need to try it for myself. I just received my 5100 yesterday. Took a few pictures of my brand new granddaughter on the 16 MB card that came with it, and was quite impressed. I haven't opened my bigger cards yet. But can you see a big difference in the RAW photos that you take? I have Photoshop CS, and have downloaded the plug-in, but haven't had time to use it yet. I would like to hear some feedback from some of you experienced users.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:46 AM   #19

Well, I (sort of) answered my own question. I took a few raw images last night. Then I opened them with the Photoshop CS raw converter plug-in. It was immediately evident that you have much finer control over your images. None of the pictures I took were noteworthy enough to share, but I can definitely see an advantage for shooting raw format. My only problem is that I only have a couple of 128 MB cards right now. So I'm going to have to be very selective about what I choose to shoot in raw format. We are going to Alaska later this month, so I don't think I had better push my luck and purchase any more new camera gear. Fortunately, my son-in-law is going to take his laptop so we can download our images. But it sure would be nice to have a 512 MB card.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 10:52 AM   #20

Theres a little BIG difference between a JPEG file and a RAW file...

Lets call it "COMPRESSION". Actually what you get from a RAW file is what de CCD capture, the cam does nothing with the image... so you lost no data at all.

So the difference is really noticeable.
SinRastro is offline   Reply With Quote