Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:38 PM   #1

Default 3800 and B&W Pics?

Have been strongly considering the 3800. However, I've had trouble determining if it has a black and white mode. If not, anyone have a comparable camera recommendation that does do b&w's? I'm looking to stay in the <$375USD range.
amcdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:48 PM   #2

Just use photoshop. The only comparable camera to the Fuji is the Oly C-730. A bit more expensive though.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
Just use photoshop.
Ok, I'm really gonna show my software ignorance here...but I can't put a few hundred dollars into a new, full version of Photoshop. I don't have it installed now, so what's the alternative?
amcdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 1:10 PM   #4

If you're doing your own printing, just select B&W print mode. Ulead PhotoImpact is cheap and does B&W conversion, I'm sure there are freebies that will do the same.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2002, 2:39 PM   #5

The 3800 comes with Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition. You then select: Open File/Get&Fix Photo/Special Effects/Recolor Photo/Coloring Book/To B&W.
I could NEVER recommend setting the camera to B&W. You can never get the color back if you change your mind afterwards. With Adobe, you just create a NEW JPEG file in B&W and keep the original in color. In fact then you can try all sort of creative changes in addition to B&W, such as Sepia Tone, and Posterization, etc.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote