Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 18, 2005, 1:29 PM   #1

Dear friends,

I have read Sabans post and managed to get a videoclip into 'My Documents'..

(.....it wasn't as straightforward as I thought it would be!!)

It appears as an .AVI file with a windows Media Player symbol. 256mb.

I would like to burn this to disk but Media Player won't do this for some reason.

I set it up; click 'burn' ......and nothing happens!

I have a disk burning utility that claims to make 'videoCDs' but it doesn't recognise the file.

If I bypass allthis and use Windows to burn a data image I get a jerky playback from the CD.

I do not have aDVDwriter but somehow imagined I could produce a useable video-cd that would archive the file and possibly play on a compatableDVD player/TV.

Am I missing something here? The file itself replays fine on the PC but not from a CD.

Yours , feeling stupid ,

Flo
floricicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:25 PM   #2

the reason it's playing back jerky from CD is that the CD-ROM drive isn't fast enough to keep feeding the computer with data faster than it can play it.

To make a Video CD or a DVD you need to make that AVI file an MPG file. A cheap and easy way to do that is with TMPGEnc DVD Author. You can get it here: http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda16.html

I believe there is a 15 or 30 day trial on it, but buying it, which I recommend if you plan to do this often, is very affordable. I believe it will convert the files and burn them for you, but if it won't encode it, you could use TMPGEnc DVD Source Creator, from the same site, which is also affordable.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:39 PM   #3

Dear Mr Shows............................................. , Brilliant!

Used source creator to make mpeg, then burned to disk no prob.

Aren't net forums good?

How would we know how to do these things if we didn't already know (?)

Thanks again.

Flo.

PS...cd still won't replay on domestic DVD player but guess this is a compatability issue.....I think we got it free with a packet of cornflakes.
floricicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:13 PM   #4

If the clip is short enough, you can actually author a DVD and burn it to CD. I forget what the time limit is, but obviously the file size limit would be to keep the "DVD" to under 700MB.

Video DVD is really just a format, so as long as the DVD player can recognise a CD, it should play just fine. Again, try using TMPEncDVD Author. It should play on your DVD player then.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote