Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 16, 2002, 7:47 AM   #11

Super photo ........... mine is quite similar .. maybe i will link to the full size pic for you to see.

i agree with youy, for the dollars it's the best value. It has it's limitations but it's not an SLR and doesn't pretend to be. MUCH better than an average point and shoot. in the day it takes glorious FULL COLOUR photo's i have heard of the Fuji colour capabilities ove rKodak and this camera proves that point.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2002, 8:40 AM   #12

That's an amazing photo! What were the camera settings? Also, how did you compensate for having only one ISO option (ISO 100) and no way to attach an external flash? I may, indeed, re-consider. Can the 3800 be used in graphic design photography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW
I don't think you'll find a better camera for the money. Below is a link to a macro shot of a hibiscus. This was within 15 minutes out of the box.

http://web.wtez.net/a/w/aw55455/1hib.jpg

Take the time to learn the features and limits of the camera before dumping it. Take people's negative review of the camera with a grain of salt.
Owlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2002, 9:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlz
That's an amazing photo! What were the camera settings? Also, how did you compensate for having only one ISO option (ISO 100) and no way to attach an external flash? I may, indeed, re-consider. Can the 3800 be used in graphic design photography?
I'm telling you, mine is MUCH sharper than it looks 'cos it has been squished by shitty software on imagestation. The original is much larger and MUCH sharper.

The flash is a pop up so it's not to close to the lens and the adapter ring protects the lens from the flash anyway!

ISO 100 works fine unless you want great night shots which you need a tripod for anyway. When i get a chance tomorrow i will post a few shots i took outside and you're going to like them. I have a super detailed shot of the humble maple leaf.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 9:25 AM   #14
AW

Camera settings were on auto with the macro mode enabled.

I don't view ISO 100 as a problem with type of camera. After all, it's just a point and shoot, and by no means a PRO camera.

The shot that I posted was in natural sunlight outdoors. Keep in mind the higher the ISO, the grainier the image becomes. I guess it all depends on what you are shooting. You can overcome the ISO 100 by adding more light...I.e. turn on more lights...buy photography lights etc.

IS it ok to use for graphic design photography? That's only a question you can answer. What are you shooting? Action, stills, portraits, close-ups? If you want a camera with all PRO features and all the bells and whistles...plan on starting at $1,000.

Post your pics with the 3800, I always like to see them.
AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2002, 9:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW
Camera settings were on auto with the macro mode enabled.

Post your pics with the 3800, I always like to see them.
The AUTO mode is grewat in 99% of cases unless the light is tricky or you WANT to get creative and make a soft or harder image for eg.

I'll post more once imagestation gets running again!!!!