Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:39 PM   #1

I just downloaded and was reading the manual. Am I understanding correctly that every time you change batteries or do not use the camera for a certain length of time (which is?) that you have to rest the time and date?

Thanks

dian
dianls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:28 PM   #2

That's not the case. I've used the "discharge batteries" optionmany times with the camera running overnight. Then, got up in the morning and inserted charged batteries and put the discharged ones in the charger. The camera held all of it's settings. I seem to recall that the camera will maintain the date/time without any batteries for up to six hours. Changing the batteries won't reset the camera.

It takes some power to maintain the date/time and over a long period of non-use, I suppose the batteries could draw down to an unusable charge. If the camera is not going to be used for an extented period (serveral months), the batteries should be removed anyway.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:14 AM   #3

Thanks CCWKen, I would assume that there has to be some kind of capacitor in the camera to maintain time and date but the way I was reading manual it did not come across that time and date was always maintained. The fact that there was not another (disk ) battery like smaller cameras have to run all the time specifcally for time/date also lead me thinking that way.

Thanks

dian
dianls is offline   Reply With Quote